According to the Malvern Gazette of 11 January 1907 a meadow known as Hollow Meadow was renamed Manor Park and work started immediately on creating the terraces as seen today. The founding sports were archery, croquet and tennis. In 1921 a gift of the land was made to a Trust with the stated aim of providing sport and leisure facilities for the people of Malvern. In 1934 Manor Park became a members’ club financed by subscriptions and facilities have been improved over the years since then.
The centenary newsletter of 2007 gives an outline history of the Club since its origin. A photograph of the open tennis tournament of 1912 is the photo for the previous list item ‘Origin of Manor Park’. The adjacent photograph shows the third indoor tennis court under construction in 2010. A photograph showing a model of the new cafe bar and indoor bowls social area is the photo for the next list item ‘Recent Improvements’. Click here to read the 1921 Trust Deed establishing the Club.
2020 Crowdfunding success enabling makeover of the changing facilities
2020 Refurbishment of the squash courts with glass back wall on Court 4
2020 Tiger Turf laid on the four synthetic grass tennis courts
2020 Extension the the outdoor bowls pavilion
2019 LED floodlights fitted on the two synthetic clay tennis courts
2019 Ventilation system installed in the indoor bowls hall
2018 New roof on the indoor bowls hall
2015 Opening of the new upstairs cafe bar
2014 Opening of the new social area and changing rooms for indoor bowls
2012 Conversion of two tarmac tennis courts to synthetic clay
2010 Opening of new third indoor tennis court