Covid -19 Update: Club reopening – a summary of the letter/email recently sent to all members of Malvern Hills IBC
In order for the club to reopen, a new ventilation system will be installed, hopefully, by the beginning of October. This has been approved by the Manor Park committee and will meet the standard currently required by Government regulations and EIBA guidelines for the movement of air within an enclosed space.
Once the club reopens, new procedures will be put in place – for your safety and well being.
- No organised roll ups to start with (this will be reviewed) but members may pre book rinks either online or through a committee member – up to 6 players maximum. No “turn up and play”
- Please arrive at the club no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of your game / leave no later than 15 mins after the end of your game.
- No smoking within 2 metres of the entrance to the bowls hall.
- Hand sanitisers will be placed by the entrance and by the toilets as well as throughout the club – please use these diligently
- 2 metre social distance at all times
- A decision on the wearing of face coverings (including visors) will be taken after consideration and prior to the hall opening.
- Sign In: A signing in book will be on a table just inside the bowls hall. For purposes of track and trace everyone entering the bowls hall must sign in with name, telephone number and date. You will need to bring your own pen/pencil into the bowls hall for both signing in and for completing score cards
- The toilets will be available for bowlers but will be restricted to 1 person only allowed in each male, female and disabled toilet area at a time. Hand sanitiser will be placed adjacent to the toilet area.
- Although the vending machine will be in use players may wish to bring their own water bottles / drinks – please remember to take your bottles home with you as these will have to be disposed of if left after a game.
- Please arrive in your bowls kit, apart from shoes, ready to play. The changing rooms will not be available for use but players will be able to retrieve their bowls if necessary on the first visit only.
- Alternate rinks will be used – changing daily so that rinks are used evenly, for games of singles, pairs and triples.
- Tables and chairs will be at a minimum to assist sanitisation procedure
- 2 jacks to be used – one at each end of the rink with no jack cast – to be positioned by use of the feet.
- Jacks and mats to be sanitised off the green before and after use with the sanitiser materials provided
- No bowls pushers / cameras / scoreboards to be used.
- Scorecards will be available but bowlers must bring their own pen.
- Hand sanitisers will be available for each rink.
Please be aware that we do not have volunteers to act as stewards throughout the day but believe that members will be respectful and thoughtful and adhere to the cleaning procedures and social distancing required.
Proposed membership fees for 2020 /21
In line with similar organisations, we are moving forward to becoming a totally cashless club. Cash will still be used for the vending machine.
The membership fees FOR THIS YEAR ONLY will be as follows and will cover MEMBERSHIP + ALL RINK FEES for Roll ups, leagues, Club games, organised roll ups (when they start), Weekend club games, club competitions, National competitions, Wessex league and the locker fee when these are available for use again.
Senior Membership: – £180 – by 6 payments of £30 via Club Spark
Bowlers with a disability and new members :- £120 – (6 x £20)
Juniors under 21yrs :- £60 (6 x £10)
Juniors under 16yrs :- £12 (6 x £2)
Fees will cover the whole year and will start on the day you initiate in October. As well as spreading the cost our system enables the club to stop payments in the case of a second spike and another lockdown
You may, if you wish, pay the whole amount in full on the first payment
ENTRY FEES to leagues and club competitions will be paid by bank transfer
In a further email to members in September, the membership secretary Julie Morgan will outline details to pay by Club Spark and to help any members who have difficulty with this.
We hope that you are able to pay this amount and take advantage of this offer but respect those who decide not to join this season.
The AGM, postponed from 9th April 2020 will now be held on Thursday 24th September at 7.00pm. This will be held in the bowls hall and will be restricted to a maximum of 30 members. To attend, you must book your place through the secretary. On;y members confirmed by the secretary will be able to attend. Social distancing of 2 metres per household will be strictly adhered to and the wearing of a mask/visor will be mandatory.
Propositions or members wishing to nominate for committee positions must be sent 7 days in advance of the AGM to the secretary:
Via email to: email@example.com
Or by letter to: Mrs J Hanks, 3 Colonel Drive, Rushwick, Worcs WR2 5TW